Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Rory? Charlotte?

No, I'm not trying to figure out names here. That's a struggle and we're not seeing the end of the tunnel yet on that count.

Anyway, some pictures I took over the week that I thought reflected the fact that I watched far too much television and store too much useless information in my brain.

This was a picture I took because it was absolutely Rory from Gilmore Girls. The lone figure oblivious to all the hullaballoo around here, engrossed in her reading.

Rory?

It reminded me of this scene. I wanted to find the picture of it but I couldn't. Who says Google has everything???

Dean: So, how are you liking Moby Dick?
Rory: Oh, it's really good.
Dean: Yeah?
Rory: Yeah, it's my first Melville.
Dean: Cool.
Rory: I mean, I know it's kind of cliché to pick Moby Dick as your first Melville but… hey, how did you know I was reading Moby Dick?
Dean: Uh, well, I've been watching you.
Rory: Watching me?
Dean: I mean, not in a creepy, like, "I'm watching you" sort of way. I just - I've noticed you.
Rory: Me?
Dean: Yeah.
Rory: When?
Dean: Every day. After school you come out and you sit under that tree there and you read. Last week it was Madame Bovary. This week it's Moby Dick.
Rory: But why would you
Dean: Because you're nice to look at, and because you've got unbelievable concentration.
Rory: What?
Dean: Last Friday these two guys were tossing around a ball and one guy nailed the other right in the face. I mean, it was a mess, blood everywhere, the nurse came out, the place was in chaos, his girlfriend was all freaking out, and you just sat there and read. I mean, you never even looked up. I thought, "I have never seen anyone read so intensely before in my entire life. I have to meet that girl."
Rory: Maybe I just didn't look up because I'm unbelievably self-centered.
Dean: Maybe, but I doubt it.


Gilmore Girls "Pilot"

And then there was this one.

Charlotte?

Times like that when I'm thankful for my 3 mega pixel auto focus phone camera. I even managed to capture some of the web. Amazing because the spider was huge and it was basically lounging around across an extremely busy four lane or eight lane (if you take into consideration the road going the opposite direction) road and totally oblivious to the concrete and human jungle around it, reminding me of how Charlotte in Charlotte's Web taught Wilbur the word languishing although this spider was obviously not languishing. I hope no one dares disturb it although I'm guessing few would dare seeing it is a rather large spider.

Little discoveries like that make me happy. :)

Technorati Tags: ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 19:19

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 9:01 am Blogger Verbalme said...

There are always screencaps!
http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode1/sc12.html
^_^
--VerbMe

 
At 7:57 am Blogger xdd_rulz said...

woah..

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"