Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas is all around

Tym borrowed Love Actually today and then texted me to say she now feels all happy and in the Christmas spirit. It's true. We decided about a week ago that it shall be a Christmas tradition, one that we will hopefully follow more faithfully than putting up decorations, that we shall watch the movie every year.

It's not a movie really about Christmas but then again, it's not really not about Christmas either. Ai yah, whatever it is, it's a great movie to watch during Christmas and feel warm and fuzzy even though everything isn't all that hunkie dorie at the end of it.

Anyway, that's how Tym managed to get into the spirit of the season.

Tonight, I've decided I should also indulge in a little Christmas cheer as well although my choice of movie is slightly more unorthodox than Tym's. Packrat let out such a great cackle in the video store when I picked up my choice of a "stay-at-home alone- chick flick" for tonight with a huge grin on my face (he's WOW-ing tonight, but I've decided, in the spirit of Christmas and since Wes is back, I won't kick up too much of a fuss).

Before I reveal the cackle worthy and in Tym's words "postmodern" choice, let me explain some things that might make my choice a little clearer.

  1. I grew up with two brothers, so whatever access to entertainment I had was through them. This was especially so since the LD (yes, LD!) player and by extension of that, all the LDs belonged to the oldest brother.
  2. I have to be in the mood for chick flicks and I really wasn't in the mood for In Her Shoes or whatever other chick flick Packrat picked out. Some more, I've had enough of whiny Cameron Diaz (I just saw The Holiday and I wanted to slap her).
  3. My favourite re-read again trashy books that I can read a million times are The Hunt for Red October and Executive Orders, both by Tom Clancy.
  4. I have a thing for aeroplanes movies (having grown up on all the Airport movies) and submarines (I don't know why and no one go Freudian on me here!
  5. I think Bruce Willis did great comedy (more last time than now. Moonlighting, The Last Boy Scout, all the Die Hard movies...)
So for all those reasons and some inexplicable ones, my choice for a Christmas-y movie tonight was Die Hard 2. It happens on Christmas eve, there are Christmas carols, it's funny, the good guys beat the bad guys and there's a happy ending.

What more could a girl ask for?

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 18:33

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"