Thursday, December 01, 2005

Food For Giants

It's the end of Day 2 in Melbourne. We haven't done much although I've managed to catch myself a cold. Typical of me. Well all the while there's work to be done and the first minute my body's got time to rest, it crashes on me.

Oh well.

We promised everyone at home we were going to take it easy and rest. Well, our bodies are still 3 hours behind so we're not sleeping enough yet. Especially since it's bright at 5.30 in the morning and dark only at 9.30 in the evening. Who can sleep when it's bright out? Plus, today was a blistering 34 degrees! And on average Packrat and I are drinking 5 litres of water but are still feeling parched like camels (not that I know how camels feel).

One thing we've done a lot of is eat. And one realisation we've come to is we can't eat as much as we used to. Either that or the portions have grown.

Exhibit A

Food for Giants

Giant scone that I had from Thresherman's Bakery. We used to live a stone's throw away from here and on our list was to come back here for breakfast. I don't remember the scone being so big. I had the thinner half and brought the other half back.

While I struggled with that, Packrat was doing much better.

Exhibit B

Big Brekky

He had no issues finishing it but bemoaned the fact that they stopped serving it with spinach. The spinach was a good thing to have when you had so much grease but the breakfast is a beautiful sight to behold.

And the greatest gluttony of the day was Sofia's Pasta Mista

Exhibit C

Pasta for 2

Apparently, this was meant for 2. 2 what? I don't know. Because four full-grown adults only made our way through half of it.

So, I think I'm going to have salad or soup tomorrow. There has been too much rich food. Thank goodness there's been lots of walking to work it all off.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 20:39

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"