Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rock, Hard Place, Me.

My eyes are very blurry. I've been in front of the lap top the whole day, first vetting essays and subsequently, writing testimonials. It's a slow process and my eyes are protesting.

I haven't decided whether the procedure is worth the money yet. Many other things hang in tandem with this decision. It's awful when a decision has to be made with other decisions that have to be made but have not yet been made in mind.

That's a really long sentence but my brain has turned veritable mush and I've decided that I shall write this entry blind. In that, I'm writing it with my eyes closed. It's the only way I'm resting my eyes. I could go to sleep but that would be the logical thing to do, wouldn't it? And it's dark out, so there is no point in looking out the window into the distance.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 00:23

4 thoughts...

4 thoughts...

At 1:18 am Blogger Paperman said...

Do GP teachers bear the brunt of testimonial writing bcos they're supposed to have the greater flair for writing? Or issit the civic tutor's responsibility?

Will students end up with testimonials that differ widely in quality?

Just a thought.

 
At 1:41 am Blogger  said...

in some places, GP teachers who are Civic tutors of the graduating classes write testimonials, and they also vet all the rest of 'em testimonials written by CT who are not GP teachers.

 
At 3:06 pm Blogger Terz said...

vandice - What 儒 said. And in some other places (like the school I used to teach in), I get several classes because the form teachers come from other departments and though they may have CS01 English Language and I, only CS02 English Language, I still get to vet and, in many cases, re-write the testimonials too, because of the department I belong to.

ondine - You should have just taken one more day off. Can't imagine driving when my eyes aren't at 100%.

 
At 3:10 pm Blogger Terz said...

PS, shouldn't a procedure like be done after your eyes have had a chance to stabilise? I'm just waiting til I hit 35 to do something like that; although it must be said that my prescription hasn't gone better or worse in about 13 years.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"