Monday, October 10, 2005

Poll

Would you spend close to $6000 to fix eyes that are legally blind?

Ondine tossed this thought in at 22:40

6 thoughts...

6 thoughts...

At 11:40 pm Blogger wahj said...

I thought it was cheaper than that? 2 of my colleagues and 1 army friend have undergone Lasik surgery within the past year, and all of them seem really happy about it.

As for me: I'm tempted, but I wouldn't let anyone near my eyes. Plus I like my glasses. And on days that I don't, I have contacts.

 
At 11:45 pm Blogger Kay said...

In a heartbeat. It would be money well spent.

 
At 6:19 am Blogger tscd said...

Depends on the risk of surgery. I wouldn't pay $6000 to risk death, endure chronic pain, be cosmetically deformed *and* continue to be blind.

 
At 7:30 am Blogger Paperman said...

Go Thailand for Lasik! Its much cheaper... Can even go sightseeing b4 surgery... The doctors are from Singapore/trained in Singapore, I heard...

 
At 8:04 am Blogger Ondine said...

Because I'm so so so blind, I can't do Lasik. It's a different procedure, that's why it's 6 grand and the risks are much less than Lasik. Too bad cannot go to Thailand...:) Shopping would have been good.

 
At 3:30 pm Blogger  said...

if it is going to make you much happier, any amount of $ is worth it. esp. if risks are lower.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"