Tuesday, May 11, 2004

It's Back!

Well, a semblance of my voice is back and I've never been so happy to have it back. I'm a very chatty person and when I have no choice but to keep quiet because when I try to talk, only air comes out- not so fun. It's not completely back, but well, it's better than anything. Then again, anything is. When my phone rang yesterday, I had to shove it upon a very sleepy Dan to answer it because all the receiving end would hear is deep breathing that could be easily miscontrued.

I aim to finish my marking today and I am actually toying with the idea of actually going to some cafe to mark. My colleagues do it but more importantly, there's free airconditioning- well, the cost of the airconditioning is the cost of their drink. It's one step up from how, as a student, I used to study at the airport with my cousin. You got out of the house, there was company and airconditioning and you could sit there and fantasise about where we could go on holiday and check out pilots as they came through arrival. :) Sigh...those were the days, back when there was A&Ws at the arrival hall with the curly fries and the supersize root beer.

But just thinking about going to Starbucks to mark is giving me a little bit of the same thrill that studying at A&W's used to give me. I think it's just the getting out there and the change of environment. Much as I like my house, it's always nice to get out. Plus I need breakfast. I have no breakfast today and I need to take my assortment of medication.

Soon soon.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 09:13

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"