Saturday, April 10, 2004

Hit By A Truck

Not literally, but that's how I feel right now.

Jet lag + cough + cold + strange bout of nausea + dizziness = Hit by a truck

So, I'm back to 32 degree weather. I'm not minding it as much as I thought I would. I think I was just relieved not to be cold anymore. Two weeks of being cold regardless of the number of layers you pile on is just not funny.

Next year, it's Calgary round the same time. Everyone says it's ten times colder so now, I'm ten times more reluctant to go although I don't have much of a choice in it. But I have a year to anguish over it so I shall vent in moderation for now.

Anyway, I'm glad to announce that the house is still standing, despite my reservations about Dan's housekeeping skills. Well, there were some minor bits, like shoes that were being aired before I left, still being aired- I think they've acquired another layer of dust on it. There was also the incriminating evidence of the playstation 2 and joystick out but well, a guy has to entertain himself. And the case of my white underwear turning a pale shade of blue despite proud exclamations over his blog that he'd learnt to separate colours from whites. It must have slipped through his very stringent sifting, separating process.

Feel extremely guilty now because I'm supposed to be delivering a lecture today. But the truck's thread marks are still pretty visible on my being and I don't think I'm going to venture further than Holland Village today. Dan asked me if it was possible that I was pregnant last night and in the words of Jed Bartlett from the West Wing " Now that’s a thought that’s gonna fester.". In my opinion, it's a statistical impossibility but weirder things have been known to happen, so this truck feeling had better disappear fast or I'm going to be in for a major wig out.

Good thing about being home today, I can finally clear up the mess that I brought home with me from Stuttgart. Shopping there was dull, now, shopping at Heathrow was another matter. In less than an hour, I did damage to the tune of 100 pounds. There goes the grand visions of an austerity drive. And yesterday, I managed to convince Dan to buy me a ring that was going for $200. I get to collect it on Saturday. So, I have new clothes, some more make up and a new ring. Yay me. Not so yay for him. :)

Well, off now. A girl's gotta eat, regardless of the gnomes having a grand time cartwheeling in the tummy.


25 Feb 2004

Ondine tossed this thought in at 09:45

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"