Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The cynical generation

When I was in College, I relished in the discovery that our government was screwed up and parallels could be drawn to the Nazi regime in the 1940's. Why? I relished in being able to see things at a different level than they were presented.

I still enjoy that now although I pepper it with reality and possibility a slightly more mature viewpoint of things. Maybe I am not the same hot-blooded anti-establishment, government spitting 17 year old anymore but much of how and what opened my eyes all those years ago has made me see the world the way I do today. And I know that they way I see the world today is somewhat different from a lot of the people around me, maybe not my friends because us like-minded people flock together... but compared to the general generation of peers, somewhat differing.

Which is why I was impressed I received this photo, first thing this morning, with the accompanying text... "Didn't think students understood analogies this well".



















Well, yes. And the cynicism to provide such an observation, however colourfully expressed is something rare for a 17-18 year old who is caught up with the grade and rat race.

I hope he/ she continues to see the world without the rose-tinted glasses. Maybe some of them do actually hear us in class.


Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 11:01

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 3:03 pm Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:48 pm Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"