Saturday, December 01, 2007

Some day my prince will come

When I first saw the posters for Enchanted, I thought it was another teen-y movie and I didn't really want to see it. Plus there were singing animals which I, on principle, dislike. Strangely enough, Packrat thought it would be fun to watch and told me that the singing animals were only in the beginning and they end up in NYC where all sorts of high jinks occur. Then this morning, another friend told us that it was good fun and it brought back the calairfare* animals from the old Disney full length fairy tales. Now those I like, Thumper, the birds from Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty and I think even Bambi himself, my sole reason for not eating venison.

So we decided at that moment to buy tickets for tonight, knowing that if we sat on it, we'd end up not going. And I'm thankful we did. I haven't laughed so much in a while and I haven't felt that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with watching a feel good movie. Plus the last movie with a gallant prince charming in a modern day situation was Kate and Leopold and that was just painful because of a very whiny Meg Ryan. This one, on the other hand had a very very yummy MacDreamy who carried off both suits and the medieval-princely attire of white tights and boots very well. This led to many ' yum' moments for me and me asking Packrat if he was a prince in disguise with white tights and boots hidden at the back of his closet somewhere. He gave me a look and remarked that he didn't look good in white tights. The ensuing coversation went something like this.

Me: But you will look good in it and you will look all regal and yum.
Packrat: No. I won't. Period.
Me: Ee yur. A Prince is supposed to have white tights, boots, be chivalrous and all.
Packrat: When you can cut and make clothes from the drapes, I'll show you white tights and boots.
Me: I failed Home Ec! I'm not cutting or sewing anything.
Packrat: Then we'll just have to deal, won't we?

Darn. That's why fairy tales don't exist. The girls fail Home Ec and the boys have too much of a sense of irony. With that combination, it sure requires more than singing animals, fairy godmothers, beautiful ball gowns and the ability to sing and dance to find one's true love and live happily ever after.

And that's why movies like that make one go warm and fuzzy inside.

*cast of extras

Technorati Tags: ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 23:16

4 thoughts...

4 thoughts...

At 5:16 pm Blogger xdd_rulz said...

haha.i din wanna watch cos of the same reason too!but was "psycho-ed" to do so..and ya.it was great!lol.

 
At 8:57 pm Blogger humanbear said...

you seem to be into these things, so care to take a shot at where "calairfare" came from? - anonymous stranger

 
At 10:37 am Blogger seriously! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:39 am Blogger seriously! said...

I watched it most reluctantly last night cos there was nothing else decent at the neighbourhood cinema, plus you said it isn't so bad. It's funny! I love the chipmunk!! Though McDreamy isn't too bad either! And oh! Whatever her name is sure can sing!

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"