Monday, October 30, 2006

The Name Game

Packrat still hasn't stopped with the Wow-ing. I don't harbour much hope that it will end anytime soon (I wanted to put a related posts link but there are just too many). Anyway, his way of getting me involved now is to name all these creatures that he buys, adopts, trades an arm and a leg (literally) for.

So far, I've named a leopard, a tiger and I think a wild boar. The boar was named Truffles, though on hindsight, it should have been Mr Truffles, Scar was the Tiger (I think it was a saber tooth one cos it looked like it needed to go to the dentist, badly) and the leopard I think was Sable. I've gotten quite good at it. Well, good is subjective. A better word would be adept at it. It's also occurred to me that he make like Noah and adopt animals in twos. Names of pairs are funnier and more entertaining.

Off the top of my head, I've come up with
1. Itchy and Scratchy
2. Pinky and the Brain (it would be extremely gross if indeed he got a brain that needed to be named).
3. Harry and Sally (although then we'd have to make sure the animals weren't related otherwise there would be a little bit of WOW incest going ong)
4. Twiddledum and Twiddledee
5. Bonnie and Clyde
6. Butch Cassidy and Sundance
7. Rommy and Michelle
8. Chandler and Joey
9. Angel and Buffy
10. Xander and Willow (although Willow later became of the gay persuasion. Packrat vetoed Xander and Willow- the early years).
11. Punch and Judy (that was Packrat's suggestion)
12. To which, I countered with Kate and Leopold!

So, spending my day coming up with silly names for him isn't too shabby although I think now, I shall go nap.


Technorati Tags: ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 15:37

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"