Monday, June 28, 2004

Legs crossed

Here I am, watching twenty two 17 year olds struggle to understand passages about consumerism and how it doesn't actually lead to happiness. I'm bored and I have 15 minutes before this newbie teacher comes in to relieve me. So that I can go relieve myself.

I shouldn't have drunk all that peach tea before I came back into class. Unfortunately, I did and my bladder is making me pay for it. The newly installed air conditioning in the classroom, while making life more comfortable for the students and cooler for me, is not doing me any good at this point in time. Argh!

And all I can think about is how everyone who's asked about Canada has asked if we visited Niagara Falls which is a 2 week drive from where we were.

Ok, in a valiant attempt to forget about my bladder, I shall talk about my first day back. We're all bored and we're all restless. Not helped by the fact that we finally broke open the maple cookies and they're so sweet, I was bouncing off walls for a bit just now. I'm also reminded about how some people have the mistaken notion that initiative and sticking your nose into things that they have no business in. Now, it's time for damage control before I get angry phone calls from other schools citing unfair-play.

I give up. I can't stand it anymore. I'm just going to post this and sit tight till the next teacher comes in.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 16:13

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 2:28 pm Blogger Tym said...

You have a computer in the exam room where you can blog? I never had that ...

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"