Saturday, April 10, 2004

Patches

I get this email, ordering me to download a patch from Microsoft. Apparently, there's a hole in my computer that hackers can access and steal vital pieces of work like lesson plans and lecture notes. But I don't know how to do it. So Dear Mr Hacker, enjoy those notes on gender but I apologise that my discrimination ones aren't complete yet. I just haven't had the time and I didn't know you were coming.

Last night was really annoying. No matter how many different ways I said please to my computer, it wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. I did everything, short of throwing it out the window. But today, in school, my blog loads fine. Something is amiss with the home computers. Maybe they need the patch a little bit more. Nicotine patch, that might work.

We had a dog at assembly this morning. It was a great dane like dog, apparently, some Ridgeback. I have in my head the Norwegian Ridgeback but I'm fairly certain that was a dragon called Norbert in Harry Potter. My colleague thought the same thing. This is the level of attention that tutors pay to assembly annoucements even though I really really liked the dog. One more reason to get a house.

Daniel's new suggestion is to have one kid and one dog. And tell the kid that the dog is his or her sibling. Hmmm, the smell, the noise, the mess, the toilet training and on top of that, a dog? We'll see. I'm less inclined to have one in Singapore, because it's hot and the dog will smell, so no thanks.

Today's a non day for me. No teaching, some meetings and debates later in the day. I should start preparing my work for the next 2 weeks, so that when T comes in to sub for me, he'll know what to do. Ok, to do that now.

Meanwhile, I shall day dream about having a house in Melbourne, with a dog named Rover in the garden and a Land Rover in the Garage. Heh

4 Feb 2004

Ondine tossed this thought in at 09:56

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"