Monday, May 25, 2009

SPUR- Skills Programme for Upgrading and Resilience

I've been quiet lately because my head has been filling with an entirely new library of information. Perhaps it's my way of subconsciously obeying the government and upgrading myself as they have been nagging Singaporeans to do, especially in this time and age. Perhaps, but unlikely. When have I ever listened to what anyone has told me to do?

Anyway, in the last week, I've learnt terms like web hosting, domains, name servers, HTML coding, the importance of , pathways and locations, FTPs and SSLs. I've also learnt that people who know this with their eyes closed should be paid whatever money they charge because at times, I thought I would go blind and or crazy and chuck a hissy fit. Especially after the nth time a messages pops up and tells me that I've failed in whatever I was attempting to do.

So why am I subjecting myself to this? Something I was obviously not born to do. I hate anything logical, math/ science and non-human based. I hate things that are not pretty. So why? Because I've got it into my head that I, of all people, would like to set up a website from scratch. Well, not really from scratch but close enough. It wasn't like I could just use a template from Blogger like I did with this and my other blog. There was a template but it required much input on my part and that was the part that has kept me busy and annoyed for the better part of the week.

But at the same time, it promises to be fun, exciting and a new adventure. Stay tuned and I'll let you know once it's up and running!

Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 07:15

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"