Monday, May 22, 2006

Next Stop Wonderland

Yesterday, we were talking to someone who was about to embark on a whole glorious month of home leave to the US. He also told us that he was organising a trip to Minneapolis. My question was what was there in Minneapolis apart from snow?

Well, apparently, there is a Mall. Not just any mall, but the Mall of America. It has Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Macy's and Sears, all under one roof. And that's just the departmental stores, not including the individual shops. There's also a huge 30 ride amusement park in the mall itself.

My eyes lit up like the 50 stars on the American flag on hearing this. The bubble in my head just kept growing. Shopping, shops, shoes, bags, clothes, Gap, Kate Spade, books, DVDs, make up, food, more clothes, more shoes! Packrat is just thrilled that there's an amusement park and a cinema.

So, that's where I want my next holiday to be. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything else in that area. And we really want to do the coasts. Well, we'll see how cheap budget flights get round the US.

Technorati Tags: ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 08:44

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 1:40 pm Blogger Yuhui said...

I went there with some friends over Thanksgiving break one year. I finished browsing the mall in one day. Others couldn't even finish 2 floors in 2 days. I guess you'll fall under the latter category.

And yes, there's a huge Peanuts-themed (Snoopy, Charlie Brown, etc) roller coaster inside!

 
At 5:09 pm Blogger restlessly said...

I know someone who lives in Minneapolis and dreads going there. She calls in the Maul of America. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"