Friday, November 23, 2001

Part 2

Ok, it's after lunch now, and I'm feeling slightly more focussed and less in a frenzy. I don't know why, but there's something about computers that just make me go ARGH!!!! Perhaps, it's the many times it's crashed on me during important thesis writing moments.

Anyway, I've sent out this web address to some of my friends and some claim that they'll only read about it if I were writing about them. But then if I wrote only about them, then wouldn't this web page be entitled " the world according to (fill in your own name)" ? Nah...If you happen to affect my thoughts that day, then maybe you'll get a cameo appearance in this page. If you don't, TOUGH.

Anyway, lunch was last night's left over fried rice. And for those who don't know it yet, I ALWAYS eat in front of the TV. For the last 6 months, the dining table was just a dining table by name. In actual fact, it was a computer work station for Dan and myself. We had many reasons for doing this. First, instead of having 2 computers in two rooms and therefore using two sets of lights, we decided on a communal area and the dining table was large enough for that purpose. Second, Melbourne weather is more unpredictable than my moods (which is saying quite alot) :) and most of the time, it's chilly, bordering on cold. So, since the big gas heater is in the dining area, it made sense, seeing that we spend long periods of time in front of the computer and if we didn't have the heater, we'd have frost bitten fingers. Third, it was close to the kitchen. Fourth, it allowed the both of us to work and have someone to talk to at the same time. It was funny, we'd be writing *clack, clack, clack* (erm, that's the sound of the keys tapping) and then suddenly Dan would go "What do you think of Buffy, the Musical? " or something like that. Something out of the blue and seriously out of context.

Anyway, I digress, I was talking about lunch in front of the TV. Well, we have all our meals there, except when we have grown up guests around, which is not often. So anyway, we watched Buffy for lunch (we have Seasons 1 to 3 on DVD) and it's alot more interesting to watch without ads. If you haven't figured it out by now, we're huge Buffy fans. Dan's written his thesis on Buffy and I spend alot of my time reading scripts, especially the Season 6 ones. So I can tell you what's going to happen next season. Dan says I cheat. Ah well.

As I write this, Dan's once again looking at these computer parts price lists. Every other week, he prints off computer price lists and calculates how much it's going to cost him to set up his dream computer. I've pointed out that his one computer could sponsor lots of my shopping, to which he points out, his computer would last him 3 years, whereas my clothes last me till my next shopping trip. Well, I don't shop here alot. Sportsgirl has become too expensive and I have yet to shop at Witchery although it resembles Mango (my house of worship). Soon soon.

I'm off to see if this works and perhaps, I'll try to put some pictures up.
Later.

Oh, I've tried to do a pictures page, but it just takes too long to upload one picture. So I don't think this is going to happen until maybe Dan gets that cable connection he's been wanting. Anyway, all of you know what I look like so I don't think it'll be too big a loss. :)

Ondine tossed this thought in at 15:12

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"